• Welcome to 718 EV Forum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, Macanevowners or Cayenneevforum, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on any of those sites as of August 5, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

krissrock

New Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
The noise thing is only for people without EV experience. I've driven EVs since 2012 (my current EV is a 2014 Tesla Model S P100DL -- yes, I've modified it a lot) and the lack of [most] noise is a significant appeal.
Sound is the only thing EV "dislikers" have... cuz if it's about speed, that debate's been settled.
Goal post will keep moving though.

i'm excited for the Caymen...as I think this will kinda re-wake the brand in a way. The Taycan is getting long in the tooth, and potential buyers maybe ready for something different
 
First Name
John
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Pacific Northwest
Vehicles
2024 Macan EV Turbo; 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
Choice is always good. For those who wish E-shift = good. For those who wish pure quiet = good. For those who wish quiet background sound in their EV = good.
 

PSUEric

New Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Jul 25, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
St Marys, Ga
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Country flag
When I ordered my 24 Taycan Cross Turismo, my advisor recommended getting the fake noise. The first week I had the car in a shopping center parking lot someone looking down at their phone walked in front of me. Auto brake reacted before I could. She looked up shocked that she had not heard me coming. From that point on whenever I’m in a public area the noise is on…
 

Kakatus10

Member
First Name
Kris
Joined
May 25, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
It's really unfortunate that the general opinion seems to be, "make it pretend to be an ICE" instead of just letting an EV be an EV. I really hope we will be able to disable the noisemaker/fake gearing and enjoy the EV as an EV.
The one article said it has two modes, manual where it shifts using paddle shifters and automatic where the paddle shifters act to modulate regen.

Sounds like everyone wins.
 

atebit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 1, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
71
Reaction score
43
Location
PA
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
When I ordered my 24 Taycan Cross Turismo, my advisor recommended getting the fake noise. The first week I had the car in a shopping center parking lot someone looking down at their phone walked in front of me.
All EVs (in the US anyway) have to have a non-disableable maneuvering noise to help avoid just this situation. Though clearly, it can’t protect the chronically situational unaware.
We’re talking about the fake “vroom vroom” noise that some people believe imparts a “soul” onto the car. :rolleyes:
 
 
Top