• Welcome to 718 EV Forum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, Macanevowners or Cayenneevforum, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on any of those sites as of August 5, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

JGT4

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Threads
19
Messages
5
Reaction score
13
Location
CA
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Better on. Weird to view a car not making noise on track. I imagine it'd be weird from driver's perspective too to have silence when tracking. 🤷‍♂️
 

HerrCooles

New Member
First Name
Herr
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
6
Location
Wien
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
It really depends on whether you’re just hearing the car briefly from the outside as it drives by, or if you’re actually driving it yourself.

Under acceleration, the engine note just keeps getting higher and higher with no interruption, like you’d normally get when an automatic shifts into the next gear. After a while, you almost find yourself thinking, “Come on, just shift already!”

That can get pretty annoying when you’re the one behind the wheel.
 

atebit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
May 1, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
64
Reaction score
38
Location
PA
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Hopefully, a 500USD option that I can uncheck in the configurator.
 

Omegaman

Member
First Name
Perry
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicles
2025 Porsche Cayman - Style Edition, 2026 Macan 4 EV
Country flag
I like with the sound on. As with all things Porsche, the "Porsche Electric Sport Sound" is an option on lower EV trims (US $520). I think on the EV Turbo models the sound is made more noticeable and aggressive.
 

f1eng

New Member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Aug 19, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Location
Oxfordshire, UK
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I tried sound on when I had a Taycan demo and considered it daft to bypass one of the superiorities of an electric motor over a piston engine so didn't spec it and have never missed it or once wished I had it in the 4 years I have been driving my car, including once on track.

I can see old enthusiasts who are nostalgic for the shortcomings of the sports cars they had in their youth wanting it, but would imagine the enthusiasm for it will die out with time ;)

I am an old enthusiast, 76, but an engineer and not nostalgic about inferior technology.
 
 
Top